As an administrator of Lolly, you have the ability to create new calendars onto which your users can post new events.
There are different ways to setup a calendar. If you want events to only exist in Lolly's internal calendar, then the 'type' of calendar you select should be 'Firm Internal'. Alternatively, if you have already enabled an integration with Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar, you will see other 'types' available. For Google Calendar, selecting 'Google' as the calendar type will tell the software to also sync the event to Google Calendar. In addition, there is a field to enter the Google 'calendar ID'. This is how you can pick which calendar you want the system to sync events to. Keep in mind that Google Calendar is an outside service, subject to change, and that permissions and changes to the calendar outside of Lolly would need to be managed via Google Calendar, respectively.
*Note* Lolly will sync event information to your outside service, but it will not pull data down from that outside service. One reason for this is because there are fields available within Lolly such as indicating the client, the matter, the amount to bill, etc. These fields are not readily available in either Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar.
Create New Calendar
- Go to Settings->Account Configuration
- Go to the section titled 'Set Calendars'
- Click 'Add New +' at top of the table
- Set a name for the calendar
- Set a 'type'
- If selecting 'Google', set the 'Calendar ID' of an existing calendar you want to sync to. If you want the system to create a new calendar for you in Google Calendar, leave the field empty
- Press the green checkmark to add the record
- Press the big green 'Save' button at the bottom right of the Settings Area
Once a calendar has been added, users will see the calendar as an option in the 'Select Calendar' dropdown when creating various records (i.e. event, time entry, etc)