If you do not have GSuite and instead registered your existing business email with Google Services, but have accidentally linked it to your personal gmail, here is how you can disconnect it from your personal email.
Issue: When I sign into Lolly Law and authenticate as “firstname.lastname@example.org” it just signs me in as “email@example.com” instead.
Reason: Lolly Law uses your Google authentication. Google allows users to link alternate email addresses to their gmail. This means that you can sign into “firstname.lastname@example.org” using any email that has been linked to your gmail as an “alternate email” such as “email@example.com”. If you don’t want these emails linked, you will need to remove the alternate email from your gmail account.
How to remove alternate emails from a free gmail account:
- Sign in to your gmail account at https://myaccount.google.com/privacy
- Under “Your personal info” click on the section “Email”
- On the next page, click on “Alternate emails” or “Advanced>Alternate Emails”
- You can remove alternate emails by clicking on the trash can icon next to each email
- Voilà! You have “unlinked” that email and it will be ready for use
Note: If you using G Suite or Google for Business, you will not be able to perform these steps. Please contact your systems administrator for help.