Because Lolly connects to other Google services using the OAuth 2.0 framework, it makes it easy and fast for the system to automate actions like accessing a folder or creating an event on the calendar. But occasionally, the OAuth system might invalidate or expire your token. When that happens you might see something like this:
This indicates that Lolly attempted to use your token to access your Drive folder, but could not complete the action. You will need to get a new token.
To get a new token from Google:
- Log in to a Google Service or into your Chrome Browser
- Click on your user profile image in the upper right
- Click on the “My Account” button
- Under the section ‘Sign-in & Security’, click on “Connected apps & sites”
- Click on “Manage Apps”
Click on “Lolly Law” to expand the view and then click on the “Remove” button
- Now that the token has been revoked, the next step is to go back to Lolly Law and log in. There will be a Google Permissions window that will appear asking if you want a new token to be issued.